· Change to a Green Electricity supplier = Green Energy / Good Energy / Ecotricity;
· Fully insulate your home and loft including cavity wall insulation;
· Turn your heating down to 18ºC and only heat occupied rooms;
· Reduce energy consumption, switch off electrical appliances on standby;
· Fit energy saving lightbulbs in the home, lobby your workplace;
· Cut down all unnecessary car trips – walk, cycle, use public transport more: 25% of all car journeys are less than 2 miles; 58% are less than 5 miles.
· Compost your food waste;
· If your boiler is over 10 years old it could be 25% less efficient than a condensing boiler – replace it with a condensing boiler or Micro-combined heat & power unit;
· When replacing electrical goods buy only the most energy efficient rated ones;
· Recycle everything you possibly can and buy recycled goods in return;
· Save water – take showers not baths / put a brick in your toilet cistern / use a water butt in the garden to collect rainwater for watering the garden.
TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND:
· Stop using supermarkets – get your food from local sources e.g. farmers markets /vegebox schemes / local fruit & veg markets / local butchers;
· Stop shopping for new products in general – buy second-hand instead or recycled;
· Consider doing without a car and car share or join a car club. Consider buying the smallest fuel efficient diesel or hybrid;
· Travel less. Explore the beautiful Cotswolds;
· Grow your own vegetables in your garden or get an allotment;
· Change to an ethical bank and ethical investments
· If you are rich enough consider investing in Microgeneration.
WANT TO DO MORE…?
· Become a Climate Change Campaigner and tell everyone you know about how to live a low carbon lifestyle;
· Write to the Government and your Local Authority so that they know how much you care about the Climate and our future on the planet;
· Write letters to newspapers – local and national – join local groups – join local protests –
TOGETHER WE CAN BE VERY POWERFUL – JOIN THE CLIMATE MOVEMENT!